CO Detector Installation in Detroit, MI
Andy’s Statewide Heating & Air Conditioning installs carbon monoxide (CO) detectors in homes and commercial buildings throughout the Detroit, MI area. All fuel-burning appliances and machinery produce some level of carbon monoxide that should be properly vented in a house or building to lead outdoors. However, sometimes this harmful gas can leak inside due to a blockage or crack in the ventilation ducts or pipes. A CO detector will sound an alarm to ensure that anyone inside the property is aware of the leak, signaling they should vacate the premises immediately. Contact our team today for CO installation.
Ways to Reduce Carbon Monoxide Exposure
In addition to the health risks associated with exposure to carbon monoxide, this gas is so dangerous because it is colorless and odorless, making it impossible to detect with human senses. Unlike natural gas, which has a powerful sulfur smell, and smoke, which has a strong odor and can be seen, people are often exposed to CO without warning. Installing smoke and carbon monoxide detectors is an essential safety measure but reducing ways in which your family can be exposed to CO is important too.
- Ensure your fuel-fired heating systems and appliances are installed by professionals with proper venting. This includes furnaces, water heaters, dryers, fireplaces, and wood-burning stoves.
- Never use a gas appliance such as a range or stove as an additional heat source.
- Always have the garage door open when running your car’s engine.
- Do not burn anything but wood in a fireplace and ensure that the chimney is adequately vented.
Safety Reasons to Install CO Detectors
Even the best smoke detector will not sense or alert people to the presence of carbon monoxide. For that reason, all homes and buildings must be equipped with CO detection. First Alert smoke detectors are a reliable brand that makes smoke and carbon monoxide detector combinations. These are fantastic ways to ensure your family is appropriately protected from both dangers. Reasons to ensure your home is equipped with carbon monoxide detection includes:
- They sense low levels of CO to alert you before slow leaks have a chance to build up.
- A loud alarm will be heard by everyone in the home or building, even if they are asleep.
- 24/7 monitoring of CO, even when you’re not home.
Protect Yourself From Harmful Carbon Monoxide
In addition to our professional HVAC services, the team at Andy’s Statewide Heating & Air Conditioning can ensure your appliances are properly vented and provide added protection with CO detectors. Our crew will help determine where to place carbon monoxide detectors in your home for your family’s safety. Early symptoms of CO exposure are very similar to flu-like symptoms making it difficult for people to realize the danger they may be in. Limit the risk this colorless, odorless gas poses in homes every year by contacting us for carbon monoxide installation today.